Home

Friday, September 9, 2011

The first week of school

It's the end of the first week of school and I think things went really well. I'm excited about the year and I hope my students are too. Here's are just a few of the highlights of the activities in the music room from this week.

All the classes discussed our classroom rules. We remember them by remembering the letters CPR.

Keep the music fun alive with CPR!

Cooperate
Participate
Respect

The students in grades 2-5 learned a chant we adapted for YME that is based on this clip from the movie Remember the Titans. Thanks to my music teacher friend, Kristin from Nebraska, for sharing this clip with me.

K-2 students learned the Danish Dance of Greeting.

Grades 2-3 learned the song Ready to Learn.

Grades 4-5 learned the song Welcome Back.

Both Ready to Learn and Welcome Back are songs from a magazine to which I subscribe called Music K-8. Plank Road Publishing, which publishes the magazine, hosts a site called K8 Kid Tunes. Many of the songs we sing in class can be found on this site and downloaded legally for 99 cents each. You can set up an account for your child if you are interested.



No comments:

Post a Comment