Home

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

A new digital piano!

Woo hoo! Thanks to a very generous donation from Friends of Music, the elementary music room has a brand new digital piano. It was ordered on Thursday afternoon and was delivered before 9:00 a.m. on Monday. That's crazy fast!



I used it for the first time with second graders yesterday. They were playing mallet instruments (glockenspiels, xylophones, and metallophones) in a rotation. I was accompanying on the new digital piano. Since I needed to play the same song about 30 times in the class period, I changed the instrument sound each time I played it. The kids thought that was super cool. I can't wait to figure out what other cool things I can do with the new piano.

I am so very thankful for the support our classroom receives from Friends of Music. Every year they subscribe to several music teaching magazines that I use with the students. They also purchased half of the new risers we got last year. We are very fortunate have such an active music booster organization for our district.

If you would like to become a member of Friends of Music and offer your time, talent, or would like to make a monetary donation, please contact me and I can get more information to you.


2 comments:

  1. Now-a-days time is more valuable than other things. If you want to buy best digital piano from market, you have need lots of time. If you want to save your time, you may visit our site. Just select your expected piano and buy it instantly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really thankful to the blog owner for helping us by giving valuable inputs.Good Post! Thank you so much for sharing this pretty post, it was so good to read and useful to improve my knowledge as updated one, keep blogging…Visit here for Best MIDI Keyboards Under $100.

    ReplyDelete