Home

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Another Recorder Karate Option

The other night I woke up in the middle of the night and suddenly realized there may be another way students can record their Recorder Karate songs at home. I'm not sure why these things occur to me in the dead of night. Anyway, there are quite a few students that have (or have access to) an iPod Touch. I don't have one, so I haven't been able to test this out, but perhaps a student will try it and let me know if it works.

The newer generation iPod Touches have a built-in microphone. There is a free recording app called Blue FiRe.  If students enable Wi-Fi on the iPod, there is a little globe icon on the main screen (lower left). This will take you to a Browser Access screen. Be sure the switch is turned on to enable this feature. Then, down at the bottom of the screen there is a URL. If you type that URL into your computer's browser, you can choose the format (please choose WAV) and download the recording to your computer. The recording can then be emailed to me at bjahn@ymesting.net as an attachment.

I'll be very interested to see if this works. I may have to try to borrow an iPod Touch from someone to try it out. I do know that this does work on an iPad and I imagine it would also work on the iPhone.


No comments:

Post a Comment